Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Champions/1960 is proud to be apart of the wonderful Houston Community. We urge the members of this fine community to contact us with questions and or concerns related to water restoration. We want to help the citizens of this community with a few helpful tips that could possibly prevent water damage to your home or business. Have your roof inspected by a professional annually. This could prevent a leaky roof that could cost you a large amount of money down the road. Make sure all pipes that are pass a certain age get checked and or replaced. When the cold weather comes, these unfixed pipes could cause a lot of damage. Finally, check and maintain your gutters. Backed up gutters are one of the leading causes of small household waters damages, and can be easily prevented. Our highly trained technicians can respond immediately to your residential or commercial needs.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (281) 890-4948
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.